Careers & Growth
Municipal/Land Use Associate
Full-time associate attorney with 3+ years experience in municipal/land use law. Must have excellent writing, analytical and communication skills and be able to work with municipalities on all levels, including town, zoning and planning boards. Board meeting attendance required. Transaction real estate experience a plus.
- Drafting legislation, resolutions, contracts, agreements, leases and licenses
- Reviewing documents prepared by other agencies and affiliated parties, and interacting with various other agencies.
- Representing the Town and/or its various Boards in matters before the State court, such as Article 78 proceedings.
- Performing legal research on a variety of issues, including but not limited to municipal law, contracts, civil litigation, property and land use issues, FOIL and Open Meetings Law, and procedural matters
- Communicate with town officials, engineers, and other members of the municipalities’ project team.
- Review applications submitted to the municipal boards and attend Board meetings.
- Monitor work-in-progress to ensure timely completion of all necessary tasks.
- Admitted to practice law in New York state.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant legal experience in land use/municipal law.
- Experience with the New York State Environmental Quality Review Act.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated record as a self-starter with an engaging personality.
Up to $125K salary and benefit package offered. Submit cover letter, writing sample and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.