Careers & Growth
Commercial Lending/Transactional Associate (Mid-Level)
Full-time mid-level (3-5 years) attorney with experience in commercial lending and real estate – including but not limited to conventional lending, condo/co-op financing, SBA guaranteed lending, participations, construction and permanent financing. Must be licensed in New York State. License in an adjacent state (CT, NJ or PA) a strong plus. Must have experience as a transactional real estate attorney representing lenders, purchasers and sellers of real estate. Must have experience with standard due diligence review (including, but not limited to, title, municipal searches, organizational documentation, etc.).
- Represent clients in all matter of commercial lending transactions including but not necessarily limited to conventional lending, Condo/Co-op financing, SBA guaranteed lending (e.g. 7(a) and 504), participations, construction and permanent financing, etc.
- Draft and negotiation of commercial lending documents, commercial and residential real estate documents (e.g. purchase and sale agreements, leases, subleases, etc.).
- 3-5 years of experience as a transactional real estate attorney representing lenders, purchasers and sellers of real estate. Experience with SBA (7(a) and 504) loans a strong plus.
- Must have experience with standard due diligence review, including but not necessarily limited to, review of (i) title and lien searches, (ii) board meeting minutes/notes, (iii) offering plans and (iv) organizational documents.
- Experience representing clients in asset and stock purchases and sales also a plus.
- NYC and/or Westchester area experience a strong plus.
- Must be licensed in New York State. License in another adjacent State (CT, NJ or PA) a strong plus.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and handle many files at once.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Perfectlaw a plus
Up to $125K salary and benefit package offered. Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Municipal/Land Use Associate
Full-time associate attorney with 3+ years experience in municipal/land use law. Must have excellent writing, analytical and communication skills and be able to work with municipalities on all levels, including town, zoning and planning boards. Board meeting attendance required. Transaction real estate experience a plus.
- Drafting legislation, resolutions, contracts, agreements, leases and licenses
- Reviewing documents prepared by other agencies and affiliated parties, and interacting with various other agencies.
- Representing the Town and/or its various Boards in matters before the State court, such as Article 78 proceedings.
- Performing legal research on a variety of issues, including but not limited to municipal law, contracts, civil litigation, property and land use issues, FOIL and Open Meetings Law, and procedural matters
- Communicate with town officials, engineers, and other members of the municipalities’ project team.
- Review applications submitted to the municipal boards and attend Board meetings.
- Monitor work-in-progress to ensure timely completion of all necessary tasks.
- Admitted to practice law in New York state.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant legal experience in land use/municipal law.
- Experience with the New York State Environmental Quality Review Act.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated record as a self-starter with an engaging personality.
Up to $125K salary and benefit package offered. Submit cover letter, writing sample and resume to email@example.com.
Law Office Administrator (Part-Time)
The Firm Office Administrator is responsible for managing the administrative operations of the firm, including supervision of non-attorney personnel, evaluating and managing the firm’s operating and information systems, and personnel and human resource management.
Preferred minimum of 3 years previous experience.
- Management of attorney calendars
- Coordinate various office maintenance matters and system repairs
- Manage office equipment contract renewals (copies, printers, postage meters)
- Management of client files and providing instructions as to when files can be destructed
- Manage annual renewal of professional insurance policies (Professional Liability Insurance; General Business Policy; Employee Theft Policies)
- Review annual budget projections with accounting staff and review with partnership
- Backup to accounting staff on daily functions of daily check processing and wire transfer processing, when needed
- Backup to accounting staff on billing procedures during absences
- Managing of attorney CLE requirements and professional licensing
- Posting and interviewing of candidates for all staffing positions
Supervision and assignment of tasks to ensure office efficiency
- Coordinate and managing firm benefits (Health/Dental, 401K, paid time off, etc.)
Salary commensurate with experience. Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.