Van DeWater & Van DeWater LLP has extensive experience representing commercial lenders in New York and beyond with respect to all manner of financing transactions, including, but not limited to:
- Real estate construction, acquisition and project loans
- Commercial and standby letters of credit
- U.S. Small Business Association Section 7(A) and 504 loans
- CIRA (common interest realty association) loans
- Refinancing and loan workouts
- Inventory and equipment financing
- Asset-based and working capital financing
- Bridge loans
- Inter-creditor arrangements
- Mezzanine financing and participation loans
- And all other manner of secured and unsecured financing
Our law firm has decades of experience drafting loan documents, reviewing applicable due diligence and highlighting those issues most relevant to lender and borrowers in their risk mitigation analyses. We have extensive experience in virtually every type of loan transaction, from term loans to revolving credit facilities, ground lease financing to real estate acquisition loans, covering all types of collateral, including commercial and mixed use real estate, non-realty business assets, account pledges and other UCC Article 9 collateral.
Our team’s expertise in lending matters does not end upon the closing of the deal. In the event of a non-performing loan, Van DeWater & Van DeWater LLP is well equipped to handle all manner of lending enforcement work, with particular expertise dealing with New York mortgage foreclosures.
In addition, our attorneys regularly represent borrowers and developers with respect to their financing needs. Whether that representation pertains to hotel or multifamily real estate finance, SBA loan transactions, office building acquisition or shopping center construction loans, Van DeWater & Van DeWater LLP has the knowledge, experience and drive to bring your lending transaction to a successful and expedient close.
Our team of lawyers has the experience within the financial industry to understand the full range of complex legal issues involved in the increasingly regulated commercial lending market, whether we are counsel to a bank in negotiations with a large-scale construction contractor or to a credit union lending money to a first-time small-business owner. Our attorneys are well versed in risk mitigation and are always up to date on trends affecting the commercial lending market.
Van DeWater and Van DeWater LLP has represented business entities of all types and sizes in all manner of business transactions throughout its long history of providing excellent commercial legal representation. Our commercial lending, corporate and real estate lawyers work hand in hand to guide you and your business through whatever transactions might come your way. Whether it’s a timely Internal Revenue Code Section 1041 like-kind exchange, procuring advantageous financing terms to ensure your company’s continued growth, or purchasing or selling a business, our team of dedicating transactional attorneys has the skill and expertise to provide you with the highest level of legal service.
We regularly represent businesses in varied transactional types, including:
- Entity formation and the drafting and negotiation of shareholder, partnership and operating agreements
- Mergers, acquisitions and sales of stock and other forms of corporate reorganization
- Commercial financing and other lending transactions
- Commercial real estate sales and acquisition, leasing and other real estate matters
- Drafting various types of employee related agreements, including confidentiality, non-disclosure and employee agreements
- Drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts with respect to, for example, the sale of goods, the formation of joint ventures, etc.
Van DeWater and Van DeWater LLP has represented many of the major corporate and other commercial entities in the Hudson Valley and throughout the greater New York City area.