Danielle E. Strauch
|Location:||Poughkeepsie, New York|
Upon graduating from law school, Danielle joined a small Poughkeepsie law firm and commenced her legal career by practicing a wide range of civil litigation services, including family and real estate law in the Hudson Valley and Westchester counties (2012-2015).
In July of 2015, Danielle opened her own law office in Poughkeepsie, New York and offered her clients expertise with real estate law, family law including but not limited to matrimonial, custody and child support proceedings, contract law and other civil litigation matters.
In May of 2016, Danielle joined Van De Water & Van De Water, LLP where she continues to specialize in the practice of civil litigation, family law and residential real estate transactions.
In 2007, Danielle graduated from Franklin & Marshall College with a B.A. in Government. In 2011, she received her Juris Doctor degree from Widener University School of Law, where she was the Assistant Editor In Chief of the Widener University Journal of Law, Economics & Race and a recipient of Dean’s List and Pro Bono Distinction honors. Danielle also served as a judicial clerk for the Delaware Department of Justice; a judicial extern in the Delaware Court of Common Pleas; participated in the Pennsylvania Criminal Defense Law Clinic and interned with the Pennsylvania Immigration Resource Center.
Areas of Practice
Matrimonial Law (including resolution of divorce actions; custody and child support disputes; separation and prenuptial agreements)
Residential Real Estate (including representation of lending institutions and clients purchasing or selling real property)
- New Jersey- 2011
- New York – 2012
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, Delaware
- J.D. – 2011; Dean’s List and Pro Bono Distinction; Law Review Assistant Editor In Chief
- Franklin & Marshall College
- B.A. (Government) – 2007; Dean’s List and Presidential Scholar
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York – Mid Hudson Chapter, President 2016-2017 and Vice President 2015-2016 & 2017-2018
- Dutchess County Bar Association, Member
- Junior League of Poughkeepsie, President-Elect, 2017-2018 & 2018-2019